Technology has come so far these days, if you want to get a message out to your audience in a personalized, genuine and informative way, video is the way to go.
Gone are the days of blowing your entire budget on a videographer, set and host for a short company video. The one piece of technology you need is in your pocket and ready to work for you and your budget. Phones are the easiest way to take your message to your followers in a fast and effective way.
If you require a crisp and professional video, yes, it may be worth the investment to create one or two truly great professional pieces for your website, but if you want to ramp up your engagement with your followers and get messages out to your clients quickly and effectively, your phone is your friend.
Consumers are more likely to watch a video than read text, and with a personalized approach you are going to be able to connect with your audience “face to face” and create trust and build loyalty towards your brand.
So, if you aren’t already using your phone as your biggest marketing weapon, here are some simple tips to create an impactful and engaging video that you can share easily.
1. Don’t over think the filming. You have a message, you want to get it out to your followers. Spending 6 months to wait for the perfect script, lighting, appearance, venue etc will hold you back from ever creating a video. The more genuine the better. Unless you are a neurosurgeon, then perhaps sticking with a more official video is best, but if you have a message that you wish to share personally then do just that, as if a customer has just approached you in your store.
2. Keep the speaker close to the camera. Yes the new cameras can do so much but if you are far away and don’t have a small mic hooked up, the focus and sound may both blur. Stay close and clear.
3. Consider how you want to share before you shoot! There are so many mediums to share on social media or on your website, but knowing which way you want to share will affect the orientation of how you should film. For example the orientation for an Instagram post is different than Instagram TV or a story. Timing is also crucial. Remember the time limits for each various medium and what limitations you have for sharing.
4. Condense and promote your videos. This can be a useful way of sending people over to your website, Youtube channel or IG TV. If you can only post a 15 second video in one place, use it to direct people to a platform where you can engage them further. For example if they click on an embedded youtube link that leads to your website, you now have them “in your store”.
5. Shoot with a simple background. Let’s admit it, no matter how good you are with your phone, we aren’t at Spielberg standards. Keep your backgrounds simple, and try and stay well within the themes of your branding. Uncluttered is best but if you can showcase your store or product cleanly then great!
6. Don’t panic about lighting if you have an iphone iPhones are actually equipped with a high aperture to perform well in low-lighting situations! Unlike shooting with a video camera, placing your subject in front of a window might wash them out a little more than usual. Remember, you want the lighting to be clean and display as much color as possible.
7. Ad logos and an intro /outro frame to add a more professional look. These may be included in your iphone or are affordable apps that are easily available. Additional lighting tools, tripods and clip on mics are also available and simple to use. Have fun trying these things out and building your confidence while sharing your message with your followers.
8. Follow your favorites. Gain inspiration and confidence by watching what some of your other favorite business owners are doing.
If you need help creating content for your videos or suggestions for shoots send us a note! If you are wanting professional shoots for your website or presentation contact us to learn about how we can help you showcase your brand and business with superior quality video content at reasonable prices.